Senior Technical Project Manager IT/Investments
Unleash your potential by joining our team as an Senior Technical Project Manager - IT/Investments. At PERA, you can support those who have supported you whether it’s a favorite teacher, the snowplow driver that cleared winter roads or the state trooper who let you off with a warning. Chances are these people who make a difference are PERA members and you can make a difference to those who have helped you.
The Senior Technical Project Manager -IT/Investments is responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and managing complex IT projects from initiation to completion. Works closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, engineers, vendors, and stakeholders, to ensure the successful delivery of projects within scope, budget, and timeline. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the Investments and IT teams to ensure adherence to quality standards and fulfillment of customer expectations. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet business and customer needs. Coordinates communication with all areas of the business that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed. Assists Program Director and Product Manager(s) in partnering with executive leadership and the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing technology and data to achieve organizational goals.
An experienced Project Manager who has worked with a variety of organizations and project management methodologies. Prior experience building a Project Management Office and working to mature project management practices including mentoring junior project managers is desirable. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is preferred.
- Help build and manage the project management office/function for Investments and IT
- Help define and develop Investments and IT project management practices, standards, processes, and metrics
- Mentor project management staff and business analysts
- Lead and manage the entire lifecycle of multiple technical projects, including project planning, execution, monitoring, and closure
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with stakeholders, ensuring alignment with business objectives
- Develop detailed project plans, schedules, and resource allocation to effectively coordinate and prioritize project activities
- Manage project budgets, track expenses, and provide regular financial reports to stakeholders
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, engineers, analysts, vendors to ensure smooth project execution and timely delivery
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues, proactively resolving obstacles to keep projects on track
- Foster effective communication and collaboration among team members, stakeholders, and executives, providing regular project updates and status reports
- Conduct thorough project evaluations and post-implementation reviews to identify areas for improvement and incorporate lessons learned into future projects
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to project management and IT project delivery
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Senior Technical Project Manager IT/Investments
||$143,000 - $163,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Degree in technical (STEM) field and four years of experience in technical role preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in project management tools, software, and methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban, is preferred
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC), project management methodologies, and best practices
- Experience working on a variety of enterprise data related projects, in multiple technologies and functions
- Expertise in resource management practices and change management techniques
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a focus on finding innovative solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Standard office environment with constant telephone communication, computer operation, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy and printer machine.
- Occasional moving and positioning supplies and equipment in excess of 20 pounds
WORK FROM HOME OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to three days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
All Colorado PERA employees are subject to PERA’s Ethics Policy and some employees are subject to the Personal Trading Policy. These policies include restrictions on outside business activities and employment and have certain requirements on personal trading. You may request copies of these policies from PERA’s talent acquisition team and any questions can be answered by PERA’s Investment Administration team.
Complete the employment application online at www.copera.org/careers. Have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. As part of the online application, you will be asked for a response to the following questions.
- What have been the greatest obstacles you have faced in building/growing a team?
- What are some methods you use to manage scope creep?
- A minor stakeholder is monopolizing a meeting with basic questions. How do you handle the situation?
- What is RAID in project management and why is it important?
- What do you think are the most important project management artifacts or practices?
- How might you balance an agile methodology vendor with a business team only familiar with waterfall projects?
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Looking for a career where you can make a difference? Colorado PERA offers benefit services to public employees across Colorado, including teachers, state troopers, snowplow drivers, correctional officers and many others who provide valuable services. As Colorado’s largest pension plan, we serve and educate over 600,000 members who are former and current public employees.
At PERA you will earn more than a paycheck. PERA is a culture where you can grow your potential and work in an inclusive environment, where diverse perspectives are valued. We hire exceptional employees and recognize that our people are our best asset. Not only do we make sound investments for our members, PERA invests in our employees’ growth through training and leadership opportunities.
To promote wellbeing, we offer hybrid or flexible working options for most roles and a total rewards and benefit program including health, dental and vision coverage - eligibility starts the first day of the month following the date of hire for most plans; generous paid time off and volunteer hours; pension and retirement plans, including PERA’s defined benefit plan, 457 defined contribution plan, and 401(k) employer match, as applicable; tuition assistance; free, convenient on-site parking or RTD subsidy; free on-site fitness center to stay active; employee assistance program; training, leadership and mentoring programs and more. PERA is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer.
To learn more about life at PERA, watch this video or visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Senior Technical Project Manager - IT/Investments
Division: Information Technology
Reports to: Investments Technical Services Manager
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $143,000 - $163,000 Annually, Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 10/17/2023 - 11/5/2023
||This listing expires on: 12/16/2023