EFL Associates is pleased to be assisting our client, Teamsters Local Union No. 731 Benefit Funds
with their Fund Administrator
search. This role is based in the Chicago suburb of Burr Ridge and will oversee the administration of four distinct health/welfare and pension funds, plus a scholarship fund. The four Funds are comprised of: Non-Excavators Pension Fund, Non-Excavators Welfare Fund, Excavators Pension Fund and Excavators Welfare Fund.
The Fund Administrator,
under the general direction of the Boards of Trustees of the Funds
, is responsible for overseeing all aspects related to the administration of the retirement, disability, and health/welfare benefits on behalf of the members. The Fund Administrator
has primary responsibility for all fund operations, administration and compliance including developing and implementing the strategic business, financial and technology initiatives of the Funds
. The Fund Administrator
must effectively set goals for, direct and motivate the Funds
staff, and interact collaboratively with the Boards of Trustees, Unions, Employers, professional advisors, and colleagues at all levels both inside and outside the organization. The Fund Administrator
leads a staff of 18 through five direct reports: Comptroller, Office Manager, Special Projects Manager, Manager-Claims & Customer Service, and an Administrative Assistant/IT Manager. The total administrative budget oversight is in excess of $ 4.7 million. The staff is experienced and has significant tenure with the Funds.
To learn more about the Responsibilities and Preferred Qualifications
please view the link below:
please send your resume to Tamara at email@example.com
||Teamsters Local Union No. 731 Benefit Funds
||Burr Ridge, IL
|Posting Start Date:
||Primary Responsibilities include:
• Oversees and monitors the day-to-day operations of the Funds and accounting functions to ensure financial and operational accuracy and compliance.
• Oversees all administrative areas within the Funds and conducts regular meetings with staff to keep apprised of day-to-day operational and staff issues.
• Participates actively with the Board of Trustees in business planning processes and implements short-term and long-term goals and objectives of the Funds.
• Establishes and monitors the Funds’ policies, procedures, and standards to ensure the highest level of professionalism and prompt, accurate service to members and employers.
• Oversees the development of communication materials for members and for the employers. Responsible for effectively communicating information about the Funds and policy changes to staff, members, Employers, the Union, and vendors, as applicable.
• Coordinates appeals from members, beneficiaries, or legal representatives. Research appeals, confers with Fund Counsel and consultants, and prepares reports for the Trustees’ consideration.
• Communicates regularly with the Board of Trustees, special committees, Union, Employers, members, professional advisors, and governmental agencies
. • Establishes and maintains professional relationships with officials of the Employers, Union, members, professional advisors and staff.
• Coordinates, prepares materials for, and attends all Board of Trustee meetings. Attends other meetings as directed by the Board of Trustees. • Maintains necessary records in accordance with all legal and regulatory policies.
• Manages the building under direction of the Funds’ Building Committee, including maintenance, tenant relations, finance, local government and compliance with ERISA’s fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction rules with respect to any leasing arrangements with parties in interest to the Funds, in consultation with Fund Counsel.
||This listing expires on: 11/17/2023