Portfolio Associate - Real Estate
Unleash your potential by joining our team as a Portfolio Associate in our Real Estate Investment division. At PERA, you can support those who have supported you whether it’s a favorite teacher, the snowplow driver that cleared winter roads or the state trooper who let you off with a warning. Chances are these people who make a difference are PERA members and you can make a difference to those who have helped you.
This position is responsible for independently initiating, producing, managing, and compiling a broad range of varied data, conducting research, performance comparisons, and limited recommendations related to the overall management of the investment portfolio(s). Assists the portfolio management team in financial modeling and/or reporting, due diligence on potential investments, and post-investment monitoring.
Our ideal candidate is a team player who is self-motivated, able to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner, and can communicate investment positions and analysis accurately and concisely. We are looking for a professional who has experience analyzing benchmarks, risk, and performance attribution, with a strong attention to detail.
- Compiles, creates, updates, and maintains financial spreadsheets and reports using a variety of financial and analytical software
- Creates financial models in Microsoft Excel utilizing investment metrics such as Time Weighted Returns and Equity Multiples
- Manages the investment pipeline deal log and related documentation
- Monitors investment portfolio(s), provides analytical performance reports, and works closely with the portfolio management team to interpret the performance data
- Conducts initial due diligence/screening review by examining private placement memorandums and/or presentation materials for potential fund investments under consideration
- Contributes to the creation of investment and portfolio reporting, investment memos and exhibits
- Works with senior investment professionals to develop additional quantitative and analytical tools to enhance portfolio monitoring and investment due diligence
- Interfaces with colleagues in Investment Administration, Investment Operations, Accounting, and external data collections services to ensure accurate cash flows, commitment, and Fund performance
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned
Portfolio Associate - Real Estate
||$77,000 - $103,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s in finance, real estate, computer science, mathematics,, business administration, or related field; 1-3 years of relevant investment/asset management or financial services experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong spreadsheet, data manipulation, and reporting experience
- Basic understanding of the financial markets, concepts, and principles
- Ability to exercise independent judgment related to analysis, research, and appropriate software related to developing reports, processes, or other recognized investment needs
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with MS Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; ability to utilize a variety of financial/analytical software
- Ability to prioritize a variety of day-to-day activities in a non-routine, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Standard office environment with regular computer and telephone use
- Occasional travel as necessary for business purposes
HYBRID WORK OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to three days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application through the Paycom platform. Please have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. As part of the online application you will be asked for a response to the following questions:
- Based upon your experience, do you work best when you are provided general guidance or working from a detailed procedure to get the job done?
- Describe your typical work day. What tasks do you enjoy? What tasks do you dislike? What do you enjoy about your work environment?
- Describe a specific example of a time when you were able to identify a problem and resolve it before it became a major issue.
- Suppose you are in a situation in which deadlines and priorities change frequently and rapidly. How would you handle it?
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Looking for a career where you can make a difference? Colorado PERA offers benefit services to public employees across Colorado, including teachers, state troopers, snowplow drivers, correctional officers and many others who provide valuable services. As Colorado’s largest pension plan, we serve and educate over 600,000 members who are former and current public employees.
At PERA you will earn more than a paycheck. PERA is a culture where you can grow your potential and work in an inclusive environment, where diverse perspectives are valued. We hire exceptional employees and recognize that our people are our best asset. Not only do we make sound investments for our members, PERA invests in our employees’ growth through training and leadership opportunities.
To promote wellbeing, we offer hybrid or flexible working options for most roles and a total rewards and benefit program including health, dental and vision coverage - eligibility starts the first day of the month following the date of hire for most plans; generous paid time off and volunteer hours; pension and retirement plans, including PERA’s defined benefit plan, 457 defined contribution plan, and 401(k) employer match, as applicable; tuition assistance; free, convenient on-site parking or RTD subsidy; free on-site fitness center to stay active; employee assistance program; training, leadership and mentoring programs and more. PERA is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer.
To learn more about life at PERA, watch this video or visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Portfolio Associate - Real Estate
Division: Investments Real Estate
Reports to: Director of Real Estate
Job Status: Full Time / Exempt
Salary: $77,000 - $103,000 per year, commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 7/21/2023 - 8/13/2023
||This listing expires on: 9/22/2023