Infrastructure Senior Engineer
Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association supports the aspirations and dreams of a secure defined benefit retirement for over 650,000 members working for Colorado. By joining our team, you would become one of them, have direct influence supporting the retirement security of people you know, and be part of an IT team that enjoys teamwork, exceptional benefits, and opportunity as attested to by a team with an average tenure of 18 years. This position is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and managing PERA’s Microsoft 365 subscriptions, applications, security, and data governance. This is a senior technical position participating in a role that is approximately 40/60 percent strategic and operational, respectively, having no direct reports.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about security, supporting our membership, and ensuring that PERA’s systems, applications, and data are operational and secure. Utilizing enthusiasm and developed skills, brings ideas and talent into a strong team of compassionate professionals that support each other and PERA’s on premises and cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate has advanced through various identity management and cloud integrations leading to sustainable solutions using a variety of IdP sources, user integrations between SaaS applications, and Cloud Service Provider solution implementations.
- Provides direction and management of PERA’s Microsoft cloud subscriptions including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Exchange Online and email security
- Microsoft Teams and associated communications channels (chat, messaging, A/V)
- Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, and hybrid identity integrations
- Works as part of the team to ensure best practices and recommendations are implemented and maintained for Microsoft 365 applications and be the primary resource working with PERA’s managed security service for Office 365
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert in the assigned technology domain:
- Guides operational and strategic direction
- Provides Level 3 support
- Facilitates coaching, training, and collaboration to develop team depth
- Provides strategic, technical, and task leadership on moderate to large size projects with minimal supervision required from senior staff and management
- Adept at making decisions and optimizing future work utilizing planning, testing, and proof of concepts
- Leads disaster recovery design, implementation, and testing of integrated systems, ensuring documentation is written, up to date, tested, and improved for system recovery and operation
- Provides written communication that is concise, clear, and updated, on both small and large initiatives and reviews ITSM processes to ensure continued progress
- Collaborates effectively with teammates and vendors with empathy, adeptly uses feedback and audience specific language to explain and resolve issues, and manages vendor relationships
Infrastructure Senior Engineer
||109000 - 145000
|Posting Start Date:
- A combination of experience and/or education is needed: four years of work experience in lieu of a degree, or a technical (STEM) degree and four years’ experience in a technical role preferred
- Experience as an SME in multiple key technologies/platforms within the assigned technology domain with a solid understanding of system security implications
- Experience with cloud service providers, communication technologies, and the ability to contribute to the design and implementation of secure and available application solutions
- Demonstrated independent design and integration of identity management in on premises and hybrid cloud environments, advanced security and integration initiatives, and privileged access management design and integration
- Design and implementation of secure computer network integration with skills integrating and improving security systems such as firewalls, gateways, tunnels, certificate management, SAML, OIDC, LDAPS, Radius, and cloud and API identity integration and management preferred
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Exchange required, experience with Azure AD, Azure subscription management, Intune/MDM, SAML/SSO integrations, Okta, and Proofpoint preferred
- Standard environment with telephone communication, computer operation, and other office machines
- Occasional Level 3 support calls outside of standard business hours and on weekends
- This position is expected to participate in team on-call rotation to respond to occasional after-hours systems emergencies
WORK FROM HOME OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to three days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application online at www.copera.org/careers. Have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. As part of the online application, you will be asked for a response to the following questions.
- When considering a recent network project, briefly describe the objectives, expatiate on your role within the team, and summarize the completion of the effort.
- What do you consider presents the most risk of compromise to the infrastructure and network and how would you mitigate that risk?
- What is your favorite aspect of IAM and why does it hold your interest?
- What do you most enjoy professionally, and why?
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
As Colorado’s largest public pension plan, we are committed to providing retirement and other benefits to more than 600,000 current and former teachers, State Troopers, corrections officers, snowplow drivers, and many other public employees who provide valuable service to all of Colorado.
We hire exceptional employees and invest in their growth and development. We are passionate about our work and committed to serving our members by delivering quality customer service, sound investment decisions, and education programs. Our culture is built on the core values of integrity and accountability, excellence and initiative, collaboration, and engagement. We value diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive culture, recognizing that our people are our primary asset. We provide a healthy work-life balance and a culture where excellence is rewarded. At PERA, your work makes a difference every day.
At PERA, you will earn more than just a paycheck- our total rewards package is focused on wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with eligibility for most plans being the first of the month following the date of hire. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA’s defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans (including employer match on the 401(k), as applicable), tuition assistance, on-the-job training, free access to an on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. PERA is also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Infrastructure Senior Engineer
Division: Information Technology
Reports to: Infrastructure Manager
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $109,000 - 145,000 Annually, Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 4/21/2023 - 5/7/2023
||This listing expires on: 6/20/2023