- A combination of education and experience equivalent to 3 years of benefits administration
- Analytical and detail-oriented with an aptitude for math
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Technical/Procedural training experience in small to mid-size group settings preferred
- Ability to learn, interpret, and communicate state statutes, rules, and procedures in a manner easily understood by persons not familiar with the subject or topic
- Ability to understand and effectively explain financial data, member benefits, and retirement pensions is desired
- Ability to deal with sensitive and/or confidential information and situations in a professional manner
- Capable of working successfully both independently and within a team-focused environment
- Knowledge of databases and basic proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Occasional overnight travel may be necessary when travelling throughout Colorado
- Standard office environment with frequent telephone communication, computer operation, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy and printer machine
- Occasional moving and positioning supplies in excess of 25 pounds
WORK FROM HOME OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to two days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- Describe how you communicate complex information that may be new and/or confusing to others.
- Tell us about a time when you had multiple tasks to complete and kept getting interrupted. How did you manage the situation?
- What do you think the biggest challenge would be for you to transition into this role?
Upon submission of your application you will be provided a link to a multiple choice pre-employment assessment. You may complete this assessment immediately following your application submission or you may log into your account and complete this at a time which works better for you.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
As Colorado’s largest public pension plan, we are committed to providing retirement and other benefits to more than 600,000 current and former teachers, State Troopers, corrections officers, snowplow drivers, and many other public employees who provide valuable service to all of Colorado.
We hire exceptional employees and invest in their growth and development. We are passionate about our work and committed to serving our members by delivering quality customer service, sound investment decisions, and education programs. Our culture is built on the core values of integrity and accountability, excellence and initiative, collaboration, and engagement. We value diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive culture, recognizing that our people are our primary asset. We provide a healthy work-life balance and a culture where excellence is rewarded. At PERA, your work makes a difference every day.
At PERA, you will earn more than just a paycheck- our total rewards package is focused on wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including Health, Dental and Vision coverage with eligibility for most plans being the first of the month following the date of hire. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA’s defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans (including employer match on the 401(k), as applicable), tuition assistance, on-the-job training, free access to an on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. PERA is also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Employer Representative I
Division: Benefit Services
Reports to: Employer Relations Manager
Job Status: Full Time / Non - Exempt
Salary: $25.60 - $32.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 3/3/2023 - 3/19/2023