Executive Secretary I
The salary range for this position is
$55,640.00 - $74,547.20 Annually
This is an "at-will" position. The appointed candidate will serve at the discretion of OCERS General Counsel and will be required to enter into an "at-will" agreement.
WHO ARE WE
Established in 1945, the Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS) provides retirement, death, disability, and cost-of-living benefits to retirees of the County of Orange and certain County districts. Serving approximately 48,000 members, OCERS is governed by a ten-member Board of Retirement that is responsible for managing a $21 billion dollar fund.
OCERS mission is to provide secure retirement and disability benefits with the highest standards of excellence.
OCERS vision is to be a trusted partner providing premier pension administration, distinguished by consistent, quality member experiences and prudent financial stewardship.
- Open and Transparent
- Commitment to Superior Service
- Engaged and Dedicated Workforce
- Reliable and Accurate
- Secure and Sustainable
The Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS) is seeking an Executive Secretary I to provide direct administrative support to the full Senior Executive team consisting of five C-Suite executives. This position will report to OCERS General Counsel. The incumbent will assist OCERS Legal Division, Senior Executives, and OCERS Board of Retirement and its committees with performing a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of OCERS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes and qualities.
- Provide secretarial assistance for the General Counsel, other OCERS Senior Executives, and the team members of the Legal Division
- Assist with Board and Committee meetings
- Organize and prepare meeting space and order food and beverages for Board and Committee meetings
- Finalize and assemble agenda information for Board and Committee meetings and upload it to electronic servers
- Attend Board and Committee meetings to record and transcribe minutes
- Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies, laws, and rules with particular reference to the activities of the office
- Type, compose, and edit correspondence, memos, legal briefs, reports, PowerPoint presentations, charts, policies, and procedures
- Maintain the calendar for the Legal Division
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard files for the Legal Division
- Oversee incoming mail for the Legal Division
- Copy, scan, and distribute documents
- Handle travel arrangements and prepare expense forms for OCERS Board Members, Senior Executives, and team members of the Legal Division
- Assist the Executive Secretary II and other Administrative team members with their duties as necessary
- Assist the Legal Analyst as Clerk of the Hearing Officers as necessary
- Assist the Legal Analyst with intake, logging, and processing of requests under the Public Records Act
- Perform other duties as assigned
Executive Secretary I
||Orange County Employees Retirement System
||Santa Ana, CA
||$55,640.00 - $74,547.20
|Posting Start Date:
The minimum qualifications required for entry into the classification are as follows:
Must have at least one (1) year of experience that demonstrates the knowledge and abilities defined above. College-level secretarial or clerical training may be substituted for the required experience on the basis of three-semester units of college for each month of experience.
The ideal candidate will have progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience and experience working in a fast-paced organization as an executive secretary or executive assistant in support of high-level management and/or public officials.
The ideal candidate will possess the abilities listed below:
- Anticipate/forecast the needs of the Legal Division, OCERS Senior Executives, and team members
- Organized, detail-oriented, accurate, flexible, and dependable
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications (Advanced Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with on-line case access and eFiling procedures for courts in California
- Confidence in communicating and interacting with high-level executives, board members, public officials, and stakeholders
- Demonstrate confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Maintain composure and sensitivity at all times
- Demonstrate initiative
OCERS offers a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of several health plans, vacation and healthcare leave, and paid holidays. Additionally, OCERS has a retirement plan which has reciprocity with the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). Participation in a deferred compensation plan is also available. OCERS also offers a $10,000 annual Educational and Professional Reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY
Only on-line applications with the completed supplemental questions will be accepted for this opportunity. For additional information and to apply, please visit https://www.ocers.org/careers-ocers.
OCERS, as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
||This listing expires on: 4/4/2023