- A demonstrated expertise in the Accounting Analyst functions that is supported by work history and/or education, typically equivalent to 5+ years of experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills and ability to use 10-key calculator to enter, compile or extract data
- Ability to create or modify PeopleSoft Queries
- Knowledge of accounting software; experience with PeopleSoft, Concur and Unimarket preferred
- Ability to organize and process financial records, accurately and timely, with attention to detail
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial reports, make mathematical calculations and reconciliations
- Ability to read and interpret written policies, use professional judgment
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and within a team environment
- Demonstrate an ability to initiate process improvements
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete on the job training or classroom instruction to learn new systems and technical skills
- Ability to coordinate with team members and manager on completion of day-to-day processes
- Standard office environment with regular telephone communication, computer operation, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy and printer machine
- Occasionally moving and positioning supplies in excess of 25 pounds
HYBRID WORK OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to three days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think your skills and/ or experiences would make you successful in this position?
- When faced with a new task, how do you learn best?
- How do you minimize the risk for errors in your work?
- Describe how you communicate with non-accountants when relaying accounting information that may be difficult for them to understand. Please give an example.
- While doing monotonous or repetitive work, how do you stay focused and alert?
- If you were reviewing an invoice against what was keyed in the software, what would you check?
- Describe a situation in which you were under a great deal of pressure because of numerous demands competing for your time and attention. How did you handle the situation?
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
As Colorados largest public pension plan, we are committed to providing retirement and other benefits to more than 600,000 current and former teachers, State Troopers, corrections officers, snowplow drivers, and many other public employees who provide valuable service to all of Colorado.
We hire exceptional employees and invest in their growth and development. We are passionate about our work and committed to serving our members by delivering quality customer service, sound investment decisions, and education programs. Our culture is built on the core values of integrity and accountability, excellence and initiative, collaboration, and engagement. We value diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive culture, recognizing that our people are our primary asset.We provide a healthy work-life balance and a culture where excellence is rewarded. At PERA, your work makes a difference every day.
At PERA, you will earn more than just a paycheck- our total rewards package is focused on wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including Health, Dental and Vision coverage, with eligibility for most plans being the first of the month following the date of hire. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid volunteer hours, PERAs defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans (including employer match on the 401(k), as applicable), tuition assistance, on-the-job training, free access to an on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. PERA is also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Accounting Analyst III
Reports to: Director of Accounting/Controller
Job Status: Full Time / Non-Exempt
Salary: $26.00 - $32.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 11/18/2022 - 12/4/2022