This position is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, testing, monitoring and assessing improvements for technology systems across the organization. Serves as an escalation resource for teammates and peers to address complex technical matters. Leads application and systems security maintenance, planning and implementation for enterprise applications. Manages technology projects of various sizes and delivers process improvement solutions.
- Implements, upgrades and maintains multiple systems and processes for the organization
- Applies different techniques to analyze, test and implement ad-hoc solutions in a prudent and swift manner. Foresee and avoid potential impacts on the business and colleagues
- Adept at making decisions and optimizing future work utilizing planning, testing, and proof of concepts
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Provides technical and task leadership on moderate to large size projects with minimal supervision required from senior staff and management
- Participates in setting technical direction, training, and mentoring other teammates to develop skills and introduce new concepts
- Writes and maintains custom scripts to increase system efficiency and automate tasks
- Participates in Business Continuity through Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Implements, configures and administers products enabling ITSM processes
- Implements process automation across the organization to improve efficiencies and reduce errors
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Degree in technical (STEM) field and four years experience in technical role preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to conceptualize entire platforms and integrations, with demonstrated security knowledge
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes
- Able to capacity plan, understanding current hardware, software and licensing needs
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Experience with batch job schedulers, scripting language, SQL, Oracle and ERP systems preferred
- Adept at administering and integrating enterprise applications for the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience with system design and software integration
- Standard office environment with frequent computer operation, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy and printer machine.
- Required occasional on-call assistance outside of normal business hours
WORK FROM HOME OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to three days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application online at www.copera.org/careers. Have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. As part of the online application, you will be asked for a response to the following questions.
- Describe traits you most admire from a previous mentor.
- Describe a difficult decision you have made in the past year.
- Describe two or three accomplishments that have given you the most satisfaction.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
As Colorados largest public pension plan, we are committed to providing retirement and other benefits to more than 600,000 current and former teachers, State Troopers, corrections officers, snowplow drivers, and many other public employees who provide valuable service to all of Colorado.
We hire exceptional employees and invest in their growth and development. We are passionate about our work and committed to serving our members by delivering quality customer service, sound investment decisions, and education programs. Our culture is built on the core values of integrity and accountability, excellence and initiative, collaboration, and engagement. We value diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive culture, recognizing that our people are our primary asset. We provide a healthy work-life balance and a culture where excellence is rewarded. At PERA, your work makes a difference every day.
At PERA, you will earn more than just a paycheck- our total rewards package is focused on wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with eligibility for most plans being the first of the month following the date of hire. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid volunteer hours, PERAs defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans (including employer match on the 401(k), as applicable), tuition assistance, on-the-job training, free access to an on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. PERA is also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Enterprise Systems Senior Engineer
Division: Information Technology
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $105,000 - 140,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 11/4/2022 - 11/20/2022