Investment Operations Business Analyst and Project Manager
This position is responsible for the planning, management, and execution of business- and data-related projects for the Investment Department, ensuring completion to specifications within the appropriate budget and timeline. This position is also responsible for the management and development of the Business and Data Analysts.
Our ideal candidate has a comprehensive understanding of investment instruments with proven project management and customer focused skills along with the aptitude to lead, motivate and develop staff. We are looking for an approachable and collaborative investment operations business analyst and project manager who has experience planning and implementing data related projects, demonstrates exceptional communication and analytical skills and is expected to work closely with end users and business stakeholders to drive projects with tight timelines and competing priorities.
- Provides leadership and management of business- and data-related projects and initiatives for the Investment Department
- Analyzes, organizes, and develops business requirements and project plans, including impact analysis on other departments
- Leads and provides oversight and direction to the project management efforts of the Business and Data Analysts; manages own projects
- Assigns resources to projects and tasks; defines deliverables, sets and tracks milestones
- Ensures that resources are used in an efficient manner and plans for fluctuations in project work and to support daily Investment Operations responsibilities
- Maintains project documentation according to best practices and standards; ensures proper controls are implemented and maintained for investment systems and data analysis
- Develops appropriate issue/risk/problem identification escalation and resolution management mechanisms
- Establishes strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Serves as a subject matter expert for PERAs investment system data flows and usage
- Hires, onboards, manages, and develops the skillsets of assigned Investment Operations staff
- Holds regular team meetings to monitor progress and address challenges; provides regular status updates to business stakeholders
- Researches, evaluates, and assesses current and potential investment software and service providers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree; seven years experience in investment operations, IT, and/or project management
- Experience in investment management; broad knowledge of all investment instruments and familiarity with investment related software such as Bloomberg, Eagle PACE, Portia, LongView Trading System, and BlackRock Aladdin
- Strong analytical skills (assessment, decision making, problem solving, etc.)
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and communication skills; focus on customer service and product quality
- Robust project management skills, including time management and organizational skills; preferably with previous experience managing medium to large complex system implementations
- Ability to prioritize, organize, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision
- Effective team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills; supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Standard office environment with regular computer operation, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy and printer machine.
HYBRID WORK OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to two days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- What approach do you take in communicating with people? What kinds of communication situations cause you difficulty? Give an example.
- Describe a recent project that you worked on and detail your role and responsibilities on that project. What did you learn professionally? What went well and what didnt? Was it completed on time? Why or why not?
- What individual skills do you utilize when managing multiple projects at once? Describe how you go about doing that. Which of these skills are your strengths and why?
- Some people work best as part of a group others prefer the role of individual contributor. How would you describe yourself? Give an example of a situation where you felt you were most effective.
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think your skills and/ or experiences would make you successful in this position?
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
As Colorados largest public pension plan, we are committed to providing retirement and other benefits to more than 600,000 current and former teachers, State Troopers, corrections officers, snowplow drivers, and many other public employees who provide valuable service to all of Colorado.
We hire exceptional employees and invest in their growth and development. We are passionate about our work and committed to serving our members by delivering quality customer service, sound investment decisions, and education programs. Our culture is built on the core values of integrity and accountability, excellence and initiative, collaboration, and engagement. We value diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive culture, recognizing that our people are our primary asset. We provide a healthy work-life balance and a culture where excellence is rewarded. At PERA, your work makes a difference every day.
At PERA, you will earn more than just a paycheck- our total rewards package is focused on wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including Health, Dental and Vision coverage, with eligibility for most plans being the first of the month following the date of hire. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid volunteer hours, PERAs defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans (including employer match on the 401(k), as applicable), tuition assistance, on-the-job training, free access to an on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. PERA is also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Investment Operations Business Analyst and Project Manager
Division: Investment Operations
Reports to: Director of Investment Operations
Job Status: Full Time / Exempt
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 per year, commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 11/4/2022 - 11/20/2022