STRS Ohio, STRS
The State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS Ohio) is seeking a Compliance Director to oversee the development, implementation, and administration of an enterprise-wide compliance program. The ideal candidate will have the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience to manage the compliance and regulatory needs of an $87 billion dollar retirement system with a robust internal investment management program.
STRS Ohio provides a competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits package including on-site parking, educational assistance, subsidized medical insurance, fully paid dental and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits and on-site fitness center.
Established in 1920 and serving Ohio’s educators, STRS Ohio is one of the nation’s premier retirement systems that provides rewarding work in a professional, business casual work environment and welcomes, celebrates and promotes respect for everyone. We are continually seeking bright and talented individuals to join our team.
Compensation: Competitive Pay
Under the direction of the Deputy General Counsel (Investments) and with consultation from the Chief Legal Officer, oversee the development, implementation and administration of policies, procedures, and practices for an effective compliance program for State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS Ohio).
- Develop and maintain compliance related policies and procedures for the STRS Ohio Retirement Board and staff.
- Proactively assess organizational compliance standards and compliance efforts, including developing general criteria for the evaluation of the compliance program.
- Oversee and ensure the retirement system’s compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide periodic reports to the STRS Ohio Retirement Board and senior staff on the progress and status of compliance efforts.
- Coordinate and monitor the review and completion of compliance related documentation across all departments.
- Develop retirement board and associate training on compliance issues.