IT Audit Manager
The Information Technology (IT) Audit Manager conducts audits of complex information system and application development activities at PERA. Responsible for conducting risk assessments, developing strategic audit plans, and planning and conducting all stages of highly technical audits in accordance with established Division and professional audit standards. Seeks opportunities to add value to relationships and maintain internal client focus to proactively identify internal control weaknesses and opportunities to improve business process. Assists and supports other internal audit staff with the use of specialized audit tools. Maintains professional expertise in the best practices of the internal audit profession and in the technical areas of responsibility.
Our ideal candidate is a professional team player with hands-on IT and application/software development audit or compliance experience. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, motivated, adaptable, and open-minded. The ability to work effectively in a deadline driven environment is a must. This position allows an IT audit expert the opportunity to plan and execute all aspects of the IT auditing process. If you are a dynamic, collaborative professional interested in working to fulfill the retirement expectations of our members, this is a great fit. You will use your unique skills to do important and meaningful work that benefits the state of Colorado.
- Completes IT risk assessments and develops annual IT audit plans for review by the Director of Internal Audit
- Manages projects and reviews of the IT and application development areas at PERA to determine and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal control environment
- Evaluates relevant data, business processes and procedures, compares that information to best practice or industry accepted standards, and identifies value-added audit recommendations to improve internal controls and/or the efficiency of business processes
- Ensures the approved audit objectives are achieved within assigned project timelines and scope, and workpaper documentation conforms to Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards
- Communicates audit issues, observations, and recommendations to PERA management and external vendors in an effort to meet organizational needs
- Monitors implementation of audit recommendations
- Seeks, evaluates, and appropriately adapts audit tools and leading audit practices to improve IAs risk-based methodology and processes
- Manages audit projects executed by external service providers including monitoring contract compliance and service providers performance
- Collaborates with other internal auditors, external auditors, and compliance professionals to ensure effective outcomes
- Provides consultation services to IT and application development as needed
- Prepares Board of Trustees Audit Committee meeting materials related to areas of responsibility, and communicates audit recommendations via written reports and occasional oral presentations to the Committee
- Proactively identifies, evaluates, and communicates risks and internal control issues to appropriate parties
- Actively seeks out and participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Stays current on industry related topics, evolving audit techniques, and relevant best practices
- Responsible for administration of TeamMate audit software
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in planning, performing, and leading IT audit projects
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, or other relevant certification
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, AS/400 (iSeries), SQL, and Oracle environments
- Experience using Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and/or data analytics in an audit environment
- Experience using TeamMate and ACL audit software preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of internal auditing practices and procedures
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus
- Ability to analyze complex data and make recommendations in an organized, understandable format
- Standard office environment with constant telephone communication, computer operation, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy and printer machine.
- Occasional travel by car or plane as necessary for business purposes
WORK FROM HOME OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to two days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application online at www.copera.org/careers. Have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. As part of the online application, you will be asked for a response to the following questions.
- Describe your experience with planning and conducting IT audits. Describe your process for understanding the organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; and preparing audit programs.
- Describe your experience with hands-on auditing or compliance monitoring of information technology and cybersecurity activities, including but not limited to: risk-based testing of general IT controls, user access controls, change management, data security and data governance.
- Describe your experience with providing appropriate advice on internal controls to management prior to the implementation of policies, processes, and/or systems related to accounting and financial activities.
- Describe a time when you collaborated with others to complete a project. What role did you play? What challenges did you experience, and how did you overcome those challenges?
- Describe your education and training related to IT or cyber security audits, compliance monitoring, and/or fraud examinations. Specify which certification(s) you possess or are in the process of obtaining.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
As Colorados largest public pension plan, we are committed to providing retirement and other benefits to more than 600,000 current and former teachers, State Troopers, corrections officers, snowplow drivers, and many other public employees who provide valuable service to all of Colorado.
We hire exceptional employees and invest in their growth and development. We are passionate about our work and committed to serving our members by delivering quality customer service, sound investment decisions, and education programs. Our culture is built on the core values of integrity and accountability, excellence and initiative, collaboration, and engagement. We value diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive culture, recognizing that our people are our primary asset. We provide a healthy work-life balance and a culture where excellence is rewarded. At PERA, your work makes a difference every day.
At PERA, you will earn more than just a paycheck- our total rewards package is focused on wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with eligibility for most plans being the first of the month following the date of hire. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid volunteer hours, PERAs defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans (including employer match on the 401(k), as applicable), tuition assistance, on-the-job training, free access to an on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: IT Audit Manager
Division: Internal Audit
Reports to: Director of Internal Audit
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $105,000 - $147,900 Annually, Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 8/16/2022 - 9/4/2022