- Degree in technical (STEM) field and two years of experience in technical role preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Enterprise application integration experience with Windows server administration a plus
- Significant SQL/Query data analysis experience
- Significant Multi-Tiered SQL/Oracle database application and development experience
- Proficient at various ETL techniques
- Standard office environment with regular telephone communication, computer operation, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy and printer machine.
- Occasional travel by car or plane as necessary for business purposes
WORK FROM HOME OPTION
- Opportunity to work from home up to three days per week. Eligibility dependent upon factors detailed in PERA's Work from Home Policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot consider candidates that require sponsorship (now or in the future), or are located outside of the US.
Complete the employment application online at www.copera.org/careers. Have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. As part of the online application, you will be asked for a response to the following questions.
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think your skills and/ or experiences would make you successful in this position?
- What things give you the greatest satisfaction at work?
- Describe a recent situation where you had to deliver bad news to management.
- Please rank SQL development complexity you have worked with on scale of 1 to 10 and the reasoning behind your ranking, and briefly provide an overview of your experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
As Colorados largest public pension plan, we are committed to providing retirement and other benefits to more than 600,000 current and former teachers, State Troopers, corrections officers, snowplow drivers, and many other public employees who provide valuable service to all of Colorado.
We hire exceptional employees and invest in their growth and development. We are passionate about our work and committed to serving our members by delivering quality customer service, sound investment decisions, and education programs. Our culture is built on the core values of integrity and accountability, excellence and initiative, collaboration, and engagement. PERA is an equal opportunity employer. We value diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive culture, recognizing that our people are our primary asset. We provide a healthy work-life balance and a culture where excellence is rewarded. At PERA, your work makes a difference every day.
At PERA, you will earn more than just a paycheck- our total rewards package is focused on wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with eligibility for most plans being the first of the month following the date of hire. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid volunteer hours, PERAs defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans (including employer match on the 401(k), as applicable), tuition assistance, on-the-job training, free access to an on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. PERA is also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer. For more information, please visit https://www.copera.org/careers.
Position Title: Investment Systems Engineer
Division: Information Technology
Reports to: Investments Technical Services Manager
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary: $93,200 - 125,000 Annually, Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 8/12/2022 - 9/04/2022