Director of Member Services
OCERS is seeking a results-driven team member with demonstrated leadership experience and strong interpersonal and verbal presentation skills to lead our call center and employer payroll teams. The incumbent will be customer-focused with strong technical knowledge and analytical methods to support the department's operations.
OCERS is seeking a Director of Member Services, Member/Employer Experience. This position will report directly to the Assistant CEO of External Operations and is expected to uphold the highest standards of accountability, integrity, professionalism, superior service, and system efficiency. The Director of Member Services, Member/Employer Experience is responsible for managing the call center and employer payroll teams. In addition, the successful incumbent will manage workload issues and assist with the development of operational procedures.
Under general direction, the Director of Member Services, Member/Employer Experience will partner with the Director of Member Services, Operations to plan, organize and manage the Member Services division; administering policies and communicating procedures in accordance with the County Employees Retirement Law of 1937 and county and state mandates in the delivery of retirement benefits to retirement system members within the Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide responsive, high-quality service to retirement system members, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that the County Employees Retirement Law of 1937, Federal and State statutes and OCERS' policies are followed in the administration of the benefit programs.
- Prepare comprehensive cost projections, summaries, reports and recommendations of benefit activities.
- Responsible for the overall development, training and evaluation of team members, either directly or through subordinate supervision.
- Participate in hiring decisions, disciplinary actions and other personnel activities.
- Establish policies and procedures for the administration of the division.
- Consult and meet with various groups, including employers, governmental agencies, County departments, actuaries, consultants and retirement system members.
- Make presentations before a variety of groups regarding the laws, rules and benefits of OCERS.
- Participate in special projects for the resolution of complex issues regarding the operations and management of OCERS.
Director of Member Services
||Orange County Employees Retirement System
||Santa Ana, CA
||$132,533.00 - $205,426
|Posting Start Date:
Minimum qualifications required for entry into the classification.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or another closely related field.
Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in managing customer service for a retirement program or public pension system.
Three (3) years of professional-level benefits, health or pension administration experience; at least two (2) years of which must include directly managing staff.
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory and project management experience
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Pension plan experience is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Only on-line applications with the completed supplemental questionnaire will be accepted. For additional information about this amazing opportunity and to apply, please visit https://www.ocers.org/.
OCERS, as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
||This listing expires on: 9/20/2022