Employer Relations Manager
The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) provides death, disability, and pension retirement benefits to employees of local governments and school districts in Illinois (except for the City of Chicago and Cook County). As is the second largest—and best funded—statewide public pension system in Illinois, IMRF serves approximately 3,000 municipal employers in the State. We are an award-winning organization, located in Oak Brook. IMRF is looking for top talent, for a direct hire opportunity that is benefit eligible. If you are passionate about Finance, have proven management experience and meet the requirements, we want to hear from you. Apply online at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=IMRF&cws=39&rid=437
Directly manage staff and supervisor of the Wage Report Unit and Employer/Member Relations Unit. This position is also responsible for indirect management of employees who perform their work duties within the assigned units. This position supports the Employer Services Business Process Owner (BPO) responsible for the design, coordination, deployment, and ongoing improvement of the Employer Reporting core processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, develop, motivate, coach, and monitor the performance of the assigned units.
- Develop and communicate procedures based on Board policies and the Illinois Pension Code.
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures, coordinate activities, work with, and assist subordinates in handling non-routine problems.
- Allocate Finance Department resources among units as needed.
- Assist with the compilation of certain financial and statistical data for the annual financial report.
- Compile reports, summaries, and explanations of data for review by Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and others as required.
- Monitor and enforce internal controls and implement corrective measures as they relate to the assigned operational units in accordance with internal and external auditing procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between IMRF and its key external service providers to the Finance Department such as consulting actuaries, independent auditors, members, annuitants, and employers.
- Participate in and support IMRF’s continuous process improvement efforts and its strategic goals and action steps.
- Assist in setting policy related to financial and actuarial matters, including items impacting employer rates, for IMRF through recommendations to the Executive Director and Board of Trustees and through participation on the Senior Management Committee.
- Oversee the end-to-end rate making process for more than 3,200 rate groups.
- Assist with assurance of IMRF’s compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards, the Illinois Pension Code, Internal Revenue Code, and other legal and reporting requirements.
- Compile financial policies, internal control procedures, and fraud prevention procedures. Determine accounting policies and review procedures. Consult with and advise the Internal Auditor as necessary.
- Monitor current trends in financial reporting and pension administration to find ways to improve IMRF’s’ efficiency and productivity, as well as expand services to members and employers. Propose, implement, and monitor new services to members and employers. Recommend change to existing systems. These suggestions will be reflected in IMRF’s Strategic Plan, Operational Goals, and annual objectives.
- Participate in special projects and participate on committees as required. Assistance with significant special projects include the annual Projection Report, the CEM cost allocations, the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report, the annual employer meetings outlining the impacts of the most recent year on employers, and the annual Administrative and Investment Expense Budgets and as well as the annual Capital Budget.
- Ensure our Business Process Reengineering (BPR) efforts align with and support IMRF’s deployment of the Baldrige Criteria and result in enhanced end-to-end processes that achieve our six Customer Service Principles and provide excellent service for our members and employers.
- Ensure that revised business processes maintain or enhance IMRF adherence to the identified SOC 1 Type 2 control objectives.
- Direct how business changes are to be implemented and aligned to customer service objectives.
- Champion and drive change through the organizational hierarchy.
- Establish performance measures, performance targets, and reporting processes that monitor and continually improve overall customer service and process performance.
- Other responsibilities as assigned .
- Oversee the operations of the Finance Department that is responsible for capturing employer and employee contributions and service credits, assuring payment of approved benefits, and handling authorized deductions from benefits payments, relations with employers and members including employer contribution rates.
- Ensure customer service to the 3000 plus employers and authorized agents.
- Assist with financial transactions in preparation of interim and annual financial reports, monitoring compliance with the annual budgets for units, and process biweekly payroll submittals.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Utilize business and financial acumen to drive operational excellence by combining progressive and innovative ideas of the Benefits Administration best practices to support achievement of the organization’s Journey to Excellence, Vision, and Strategic Objectives.
- Support IMRF’s Baldrige activities through participation in the ILPEx application process, working on Key Approaches, and other duties as assigned.
- Foster a positive culture in support of the IMRF Values, individual accountability, and workforce engagement goals.
- Responsible for assisting the Chief Financial Officer in creating a cohesive and well-motivated team to carry out the Finance Department’s mission statement
Employer Relations Manager
||Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
||Oak Brook, IL
||Based on experience
|Posting Start Date:
||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required. A business-related major is strongly preferred
- At least five years of experience providing customer service, in any of the following positions:
- Direct contact with customers & clients via telephone and/or face-to-face
- Processor of group or individual benefits (such as pension or disability)
- Administration of pension plan benefits
- One – two years of supervisory or managerial experience in a customer service environment
||This listing expires on: 3/14/2022