Chief Technology Officer
The Missouri State Employees' Retirement System is seeking a Chief Technology Officer to lead our team of IT professionals. MOSERS is a team-oriented public pension system made up of passionate, hard-working individuals. Our team believes our members’ financial security comes first. Whether we’re in the field providing educational seminars, welcoming members into our office for one-on-one retirement counseling, investing trust fund assets, or working on the various systems that support our mission and staff, we are all collaborating toward the same goal.
What You'll Do
The person in this role will provide technical and tactical leadership to our team of 15 IT professionals. You'll perform professional and technical work relating to the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of a mid-size computer network.
You'll Spend Your Time Focusing On
- Determining the strategic approach to network infrastructure, IT security, database administration, and program development of MOSERS.
- Managing the IT section including the business analysis, production, and documentation of complex systems; network infrastructure; data governance; information security; database management; and system administration needed to achieve MOSERS mission.
- Overseeing the information security program, which includes procedures and policies designed to protect data, systems, and assets from both internal and external threats.
- Selecting staff, assigning work priorities and responsibilities, conducting performance reviews, establishing performance and professional development goals, developing salary recommendations, issuing disciplinary action when necessary, and helping to train and develop the skills of employees.
- Participating in strategic and other planning meetings; developing annual goals and long-range plans for the IT section.
- Evaluating the applicability of new technical developments and effectiveness of present operations; setting goals and plans for new uses for information systems and equipment and/or abandonment of information systems and equipment.
- Participating in business process improvement and management activities and overseeing implementation of process changes in MOSERS operations and investment departments to ensure accuracy, mitigate risk, and reduce duplication of effort and other inefficiencies.
- Preparing specifications and requests for proposals (RFPs); reviewing proposals; and making the purchasing decisions in conjunction with executive leadership.
- Managing the workflow within the IT section by establishing production controls, determining priorities of operation, and directing procedures for special studies or unusual operations; confers with supervisory and administrative personnel in other units on matters pertaining to work scheduling and effectiveness of information systems and telecommunications operations.
- Developing and monitoring the IT budget.
- Developing and maintaining a business continuity plan for the IT section. Works in conjunction with other MOSERS staff to ensure maximum operational availability of computer systems and network.
- Developing customer service standards that meet the expectations of MOSERS’ staff and members in a cost-effective manner.
- Reviewing legislation for impact on information technology systems and procedures.
- Coordinating work with other managers; fostering a culture of teamwork and cohesiveness within the section and with other sections of the organization.
- Analyzing risk management issues to ensure that proper controls are implemented to minimize risk in general operations, benefit administration and investment functions.
What We're Looking for in Our Ideal Candidate
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five years professional experience in the information technology field.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies, principles of information technology management, business continuity and emergency management, government procurement, and organizational leadership.
- Ability to organize and coordinate resources to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Requires administrative experience or experience in a consultative capacity in management of a small to medium-sized computer installation.
- Proficient in budget planning and financial management.
- Knowledge of project management standards and practices.
- A strong leader who can develop, communicate, and achieve a strategic vision for MOSERS technology environment.
- A coach and mentor for employees to develop their leadership and technical skills to be their best self.
- An intellectually curious professional who thinks strategically.
- A person with excellent tactical and technical management skills.
- Someone who demonstrates integrity and a high degree of ethics.
- Someone with a team mentality and enjoys collaboration and providing excellent customer service.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Our Team – Our staff consistently ranks “co-workers” at the top of their lists of things they love about MOSERS in our Employee Satisfaction and Engagement Surveys
- Our Culture – Our staff also ranks our leadership and our “team” culture highly on our surveys.
- Competitive Pay
- Our Benefits – MOSERS staff enjoy the same benefits as State of Missouri Employees which include:
- Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pension Plans
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- 13 Holidays Per Year
If this job sounds like a fit for you and us, we look forward to reviewing your resume! To ensure consideration apply by 1/31/22 at www.mosers.org/careers, but the position will remain opened until filled. EOE: M/F/V/D.
Chief Technology Officer
||Missouri State Employees' Retirement System
||Jefferson City, MO
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 3/6/2022