This position is responsible for developing and implementing TMRS’ investment compliance function under direction of the Chief Legal Officer. This position will ensure that compliance guidelines and reports for TMRS investments meet applicable internal and industry standards and legal requirements, and that investment guidelines are implemented and maintained in accordance with the TMRS Investment Policy Statement (IPS) and investment manager guidelines. The Compliance officer will work closely with TMRS’ Custodian to develop investment guideline tests and ensure all test result reports are timely and accurate.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of TMRS.
- Coordinates and works with TMRS investment staff on developing testable guidelines, participates in investment manager onboarding processes, supports internal and external auditors, responds to compliance request and stays informed of investment compliance best practices.
- Manages Custodian’s compliance relationship; reviews and approves test modifications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures for monitoring staff and investment manager compliance with the IPS and investment manager contract guidelines.
- Develops and maintains testing of IPS and investment manager contract testable parameters.
- Ensures testing is accurate by performing data and algorithm audits.
- Assists investment staff to create appropriate asset class and overall investment guidelines.
- Leads asset class testing methods, testing requirements, and documentation responsibilities.
- Manages production of periodic compliance reports.
- Reports test results and presents comprehensive compliance function review to the Board of Trustees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
||Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
|Posting Start Date:
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of investment compliance best practices and guidelines associated with fixed income and equity accounts.
- Knowledge and experience with pension fund functions, operations, regulations, and statutes.
- Strong MS Excel, Bloomberg, and State Street Client portal.
- Communicate and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and vendors, sufficient to receive and clearly communicate compliance data and reports.
- Travel may occur on an occasional basis (less than 5%) based on business need.
- Position is based in office, hybrid remote scheduling available based on business need and scheduling.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, statistics, or a related field with 5 years of experience performing investment compliance, research and/or analysis, preferably in an institutional investment environment.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10lbs. of force. Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
||This listing expires on: 11/20/2021