Senior Investment Officer
MoDOT & Patrol Employees’ Retirement System (MPERS) was established in 1955 to provide retirement and survivor benefits, disability benefits, and death benefits for members of MPERS. Members consist of employees from the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT), Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) and MPERS staff. Learn more about us at www.mpers.org
The senior investment officer will serve a key role in the management and supervision of the MoDOT & Patrol Employees’ Retirement System (MPERS’) investment portfolio. The employee will assist in all aspects of manager due diligence including the day-to-day operations of the investment portfolio, performance measurement, asset allocation, working with consultants and custodial banks, performing in-depth financial analysis, and the preparation of educational and analytical reports. Work requires considerable contact with administrative personnel, investment managers, professional investment organizations, and statewide organizations that are interested in the accumulation and dissemination of investment information as it relates to MPERS’ activities.
This position will assist the chief investment officer (CIO), along with other members of the investment team, with the overall operation and implementation of asset allocation objectives and policies relating to the investment of all financial assets of the system.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Perform oversight activities of the system’s investment managers with regard to investment style adherence, performance in relation to their assigned benchmark and overall management activities.
- Monitor fund commitments, co-investments, and direct investments across strategies and industries and maintain documentation files.
- Assist the CIO in conducting and documenting due diligence visits with investment managers.
- Meet with and review detailed proposals from professional investment firms. Provide feedback and/or recommendations to the CIO regarding the investment merit and potential fit for the investment portfolio
- Prepare materials for, and participate in, internal meetings, due diligence meetings, and board meetings.
- Work with MPERS’ financial staff to provide auditors with requested documentation regarding the investment portfolio and ensure all independent audit reports from investment managers are received in a timely manner and reviewed appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly board meeting material.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry participants including other limited partners, general partners, and industry thought leaders.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Overnight travel required once COVID restrictions ease.
- Unquestionable personal and professional integrity
- Self-motivation and team orientation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A track record of outstanding professional achievement
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, tenacity, and professional flexibility
- A belief that great outcomes come from great teams; a demonstrated ability to collaborate well in a small, informal team environment
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and meet required deadlines
- Ability to make oral and written reports clearly, concisely and effectively
Senior Investment Officer
||MoDOT & Patrol Employees' Retirement System
||Jefferson City, MO
||Starting pay: $90,000 or commensurate with experience plus a performance bonus potential
|Posting Start Date:
MPERS seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors, and have at least the following qualifications:
- A minimum of four years of experience in managing institutional assets.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major specialization in business, economics, finance or a related field.
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field of study and/or advanced professional designation (e.g., CFA, CAIA)
- A minimum of two years of experience working with fixed income, credit, and/or real asset portfolios.
||This listing expires on: 5/22/2021