Member Services Assistant
TITLE: Member Services Assistant
Director of Member Services – Benefits & Administration
To provide technical and administrative support in coordinating, monitoring, and administering the Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund’s (FWERF) benefit programs (11,000+ members); including the areas of retiree and survivor benefit payments, retirement processing, the disability program, and death benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitate complete process of contribution refunds to terminated employees; monitor biweekly retrieval of termination report from the Pension Administration System (PAS), notify terminated employees of their options, answer inquiries on the refund process, process refund payments, and maintain refund files.
2. Enter retiree forms into the PAS, to include: change of address, name changes, and federal tax withholding changes, as well as, answering all inquiries related to these forms.
3. Scan and archive contribution refund files, deceased retirees, and survivor files.
4. Research and verify archived contribution refund payments upon request.
5. Photocopy, collate, and distribute correspondence, procedures, policies, reports, bulletins, and Board meeting information. Handle other reproduction needs including assembling manuals and reports, collating and binding, or arranging for external printing services, when needed.
6. File documents, reports, and correspondence for Benefit Team; maintain records and databases, as necessary.
7. Monitor Tarrant County Medical Examiners death database and the Star-Telegram obituaries to identify deceased members and/or survivors.
8. Ensure that participant personal identifying information is kept confidential and securely filed.
9. Operate a variety of office equipment including telephones, computers, and copy machines.
OTHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide support services to the Senior Member Services Specialist for retirement seminars, educational presentations, and member outreach programs.
2. Provide backup support to receptionist/front desk and other staff members in their absence.
3. Make photo identification cards for retirees.
4. Update web site calendar for benefit team events/activities.
5. Maintain stock of publications, forms, and envelopes.
6. Prepare residency statistics of the FWERF’s retirees.