TITLE: Benefit Analyst
Director of Member Services – Benefits & Administration
To provide the developer / vendor with the necessary data and system requirements for development and testing of the Pension Administration System (PAS). Conduct information technology business process analyses, needs assessments, system testing, implementation, and report development to provide technical support in administering the activities and operations of the Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund’s (FWERF) benefit programs (11,000+ members).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development, testing, and implementation of the PAS and its interface systems.
- Monitor and compare the retirement ordinance with administrative rules to ensure consistency in document changes and amendments.
- Develop retirement forms and benefit statements for members in coordination with the Director of Member Services and ensure best use of the PAS for accuracy and timeliness.
- Develop and maintain written documents and/or manual for the PAS and FWERF processes.
- Staff training for the PAS.
- Serve as back up to the Pension System Analyst as liaison to the City of Fort Worth to resolve payroll data issues and deduction issues.
- Monitor maintenance of the PAS product, identify problems, notify appropriate staff or outside vendor, and work to resolve issues and correct processes or system issues.
- Perform complex benefit calculations for all types of retirement, alternate payees, DROP enrollment, DROP exit options, service purchases, buy backs, and eligible surviving beneficiaries.
- Work with personnel from the City of Fort Worth and the FWERF banking institution to resolve interface conflicts.
- Oversee the technology implementation of a new system related to benefit administration and partner with users to ensure requirements are met.
- Cross-train benefits staff on PAS procedures and processes.
- Understand and communicate the FWERF Administrative Rules and Procedures.
- Develop and run statements, as necessary.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities, as required.
||Fort Worth Employees' Retirement Fund
||Fort Worth, TX
|Posting Start Date:
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Principles, theories, and practices of public administration; principles, theories, concepts, practices, and terminology of governmental pension benefits; project management practices, methodologies, and techniques.
- Various information systems, hardware, and software capabilities as relates to pension administration systems.
- Principles and practices of program implementation, testing, and administration.
- Relevant federal, state, and local laws and codes related to member benefits.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft office products; particularly as it relates to advanced excel programming functions and database support tools and methods.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting analysis skills.
- Keep information confidential whenever necessary.
- Multi-task and work under pressure.
Education, Formal Training, or Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and ability to qualify.
Experience: Two to five years of increasingly responsible human resources, employee benefits administration, pension administration, or Information Technology experience. Experience with software testing, data analysis, and reporting required. Knowledge of pension administration or benefits preferred.
Education: High School Diploma supplemented by college level course work in human resources, business administration, information technology, or a related field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Undergraduate degree is preferred.
Equipment and Software Directly Used: Networked personal computer with mouse and peripherals, fax machine, copy machine, and telephone. Microsoft Office software, web-based benefits, pension or human resource database systems, and software.
Working Environment / Physical Activities: Office environment; exposure to computer screens; working closely with others. Essential and other important responsibilities and duties require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time; being able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds; must be able to stand, reach, bend, and kneel; manual dexterity required.
Must submit to pre-employment background verification. FWERF is a drug-free workplace.
||This listing expires on: 11/21/2020