Start Date: 8/5/2020 6:00 AM PDT
End Date: 9/30/2020 11:45 PM PDT
CONTINUITY IN CHANGING TIMES!
Moving forward effectively to serve our stakeholders—the 15 million working and 11 million retired employees of state and local government, the thousands of public employers, and the millions who rely on the services they provide—requires a focused approach, attention to detail and a dedication to management that is second to none.
Join us for the 66th NASRA Annual Conference to learn, share, and network -- Continuity in Changing Times
to make a difference in the public retirement community.
Please be sure to read through all instructions when registering. For any questions, contact Mary Hiatte via e-mail
or call 202.624.1418.
Agenda at a Glance
(all times PDT)
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- Director’s Workshop
Friday, August 7, 2020
– Senior Staff Workshop
Monday, August 10, 2020 - FIRST GENERAL SESSION
- Conference Opening | Jim Potvin, President
- Keynote | Anirban Basu, The Sage Group
- Actuarial Panel | Doug Fiddler, South Dakota Retirement System, (moderator), Larry Langer, Cavanaugh Macdonald Consulting, Todd Tauzer, Segal Group
- Investment Panel - Kitty Martin, Managing Director, Nuveen; Bob Maynard, Chief Investment Officer, Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho; Bruce Cundick, Chief Investment Officer, Utah Retirement System; Craig Husting, Chief Investment Officer, Public School and Employee Retirement Systems of MO
- Lunch Break
- Roll Call of the States, Part 1 | Dan Andersen, Regional Vice President
- 1st Day Wrap and Notes for Tomorrow | Jim Potvin, NASRA President, and Dana Bilyeu, NASRA Executive Director
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - SECOND GENERAL SESSION
- Opening Remarks | Don Drum, President Elect
- Keynote Address | Tamara Keith, NPR White House Correspondent
- Interactive Roundtable - IT Security/Management and Audit Controls in the Remote Work Environment | Discussion Leaders: Courtney Murray, Managing Director, EY US LLP and Karen Carraher, Executive Director, Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- 2020 Federal Update | Jeannine Raymond, NASRA Director of Federal Relations - Dan Andersen, Executive Director, Utah Retirement System - Audra Ferguson-Allen, Partner, Ice Miller - Bob Klausner, Principal, Klausner, Kaufman, Jensen & Levinson - Michael Kreps, Principal, Groom Law Group.
- Lunch Break
- Roll Call of the States, Part 2 | Brian Guthrie, Regional Vice President
- Second Day Wrap and Notes for Tomorrow | Don Drum, NASRA President-Elect, and Dana Bilyeu, NASRA Executive Director
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - THIRD GENERAL SESSION
| Opening Remarks, Frank Karpinski, First Vice President
| NASRA Research Report, Keith Brainard, NASRA Research Director, Alex Brown, NASRA Research Manager
| Interactive Roundtable on Markets, Trends, Returns and More. Discussion Leaders: Tom Lee, Executive Director and CIO of New York State Teachers Retirement System, and Janet Becker-Wold, Senior Vice President and Manager, Callan
| Operations Panel: IT Projects, Budget Cuts and Human Resources in the Pandemic - Michelle Palatas, Chief Strategy Officer, Tegrit; Steve Russo, Executive Director, Indiana Public Retirement System; Colleen Gardner, Executive Deputy Comptroller, NYS and Local Retirement Systems; Dave Swindell, Executive Director, Wyoming Retirement System
| Lunch Break
| Roll Call of the States, Part 3, Jeff Fleck, Regional Vice President
| Wrap Up with NASRA Staff
System Members and Education Alliance Members: $395 per person
Associates and Premium Associates: $395 per person
For more information click here, for FAQs on the Annual Conference.